One of the most established global liver meetings; the 16th International Symposium on Viral Hepatitis and Liver Disease (ISVHLD) recently took place in Toronto, Canada June 14th - 17th, 2018. Over the 45-year legacy of the ISVHLD Meeting, much has changed, and so must the meeting.
As is the tradition of the ISVHLD, the Global Hepatitis Summit brought together top clinicians and researchers from around the world. In addition to delivering the highest quality scientific program, the summit added a new dimension; an important focus on global public health. With the remarkable therapeutic developments in recent years, the prospect of disease elimination has emerged with the full backing of the WHO, the CDC, and other leading global and national public health bodies.
To highlight the importance of these efforts, the Global Hepatitis Summit included plenary and parallel public health sessions to complement the high quality basic and clinical scientific presentations typical of the ISVHLD. In addition, the Global Hepatitis Summit featured a Global Village presented in partnership with the World Hepatitis Alliance, an advocacy focused organization committed to achieving a world free from viral hepatitis. This live hub brought together community organizations, governmental groups and patients to help drive the public health and awareness agenda.
The Summit focused on hepatitis and other non-viral liver diseases and featured:
- 4-day ISVHLD meeting refreshed and rebranded, attracting 1,000+ global professionals organized in collaboration with the world-leading liver disease associations.
- 100+ internationally recognized speakers, leading plenary and parallel scientific sessions in basic, clinical, and public health science of viral hepatitis and liver disease
- Ground breaking abstracts, scientific posters, and e-poster presentations
- A Global Village showcasing the advocacy work of community organizations, non-government, and governmental groups
- Industry inclusive social events, receptions, and faculty events
- State of the art interactive exhibits
- Exclusive industry symposia sessions
Thank you for joining us in Toronto, Canada!
Harry L. A. Janssen
Jordan J. Feld
Adam J. Gehring